The pages listed below contain various tools and tutorials intended to simplify, make more efficient, or provide additional functionality to Wikipedians. See also Category:Wikipedia tools and Task-oriented tool list. For the Toolserver, see Wikipedia:Toolserver. For other useful directories, see the navigation bar above.
is a full-featured in-browser text editor for Wikipedia edit pages
Browsing and editingកែប្រែ
- Editing tools, tools intended to provide enhanced editing functionality. Contains edit page tools, edit bots, spellcheckers, wikisyntax conversion utilities, etc.
- Browser tools, tools categorized by browser type
- Citation tools, tools for citing and referencing
- Anti-vandalism tools, tools for patrolling and cleaning up Wikipedia
- Alternative browsing, alternatives to accessing Wikipedia through your web browser (mobile devices, desktop integration, alternate portals, etc.)
- Wikirage—What's hot in Wikipedia—This site lists the pages in Wikipedia that are receiving the most edits per unique editor over various periods of time
Igor—A wikiproject management tool. Allows a user to view and change the importance and class of articles tagged as part of a particular project. Development halted on Java version, and started on an online version.
- Monobook-Suite, a tool originated in the Spanish Wikipedia by Axxgreazz.
- MW - "VCS-like nonsense for MediaWiki websites" with status, pull, diff, commit, and merge.
- Note: Google search results can be several days or even weeks out of date.
- Finding the responsible editor:
- WikiBlame – searches for given text in versions of article
- Soxred93's Article Blamer – similar to WikiBlame, identifies revisions that added given text
- User:AmiDaniel/WhodunitQuery – Windows application that identifies the edit and user who added a specific word or phrase
- Contributor edit counts and analysis:
- userhist – user script, adds interface elements for isolating a user's changes to a page.
- Contributors – lists edits, similar to page history, but can be sorted by contributor; easy to exclude different groups
- Per-page contributions – finds all the edits by a user to a single page
- Page history statistics by user:aka – builds an edit history overview page
- Intersect Contribs – compares the edits of two editors in any Wikimedia Foundation wiki to see which articles overlap
- Wikistalk – similar to Intersect Contribs, allows comparisons between more than two users and namespace selection, works only on the English Wikipedia
Importing (converting) content to Wikipedia (MediaWiki) formatកែប្រែ
- Microsoft Word:
- mw:Extension:Word2MediaWikiPlus – a tool that converts Microsoft Word documents to MediaWiki
- wikEd – a full-featured in-browser text editor for Wikipedia edit pages that can convert text and tables pasted from Microsoft Word with a button click
- meta:Word_macros – Visual Basic macros to use within Microsoft Word to prepare content to be pasted into a Wikipedia page
- OpenOffice 2.3 can open Word files and export to MediaWiki format.
- MSOffice add-on
- Microsoft Excel:
- Copy & Paste Excel-to-Wiki Converter (also: Wikipedia-friendly version without table template)
- de:Wikipedia:Helferlein/VBA-Macro for EXCEL tableconversion: Convert EXCEL-Table with most formatting like background- and fontcolor, fontstyle(bold/italic), columnheight, -width, etc. to Wiki-tableformat
- de:Benutzer:Duesentrieb/csv2wp_(en) or CSV Converter: Converts many types of spreadsheet tables, including CSV, tab-separated, etc., to MediaWiki or HTML
- A free open source tool, in .net to convert CSV and EXCEL files to wiki table format: csv2other.
- A proprietary, commercial, tool to create mass Mediawiki pages using CSV datasource and variable based templates. Results merged into a valid Mediawiki XML Import file. Mediawiki CSV Import tool.
- Sun Wiki Publisher - an OpenOffice extension that allows exporting documents as MediaWiki source text via the File -> Export -> File Format drop down menu. Since OpenOffice.org can open all Microsoft Office files, one can open files created in Microsoft Word and export them to the MediaWiki format.
- OpenOffice2MediaWiki: Export filter for converting from ODT format to MediaWiki
- Odt2Wiki: Another export filter.
- Writer2MediaWiki: OpenOffice macro for converting to MediaWiki format
Export: Conversion to other formatsកែប្រែ
- GeoLocator – Wikipedia compatible geotagging metadata generator and coordinate editor
- Syndication – RSS feeds, etc.
- Researching Wikipedia: Tools for data analysis
- Six Degrees of Wikipedia – finding the shortest path via wikilinks between two articles
- Not English – tools that have not yet been translated completely into English. Some need their descriptions translated from German, others are not available in English. Help translate if you can!
- WikiFORJA – Rankings and tools
- Checklinks – Check all external links and helps resolve HTTP redirects
- WikiBiff – To alert users when they have new messages waiting on their talk pages
- Desktop Watchlist – Enhanced watchlist for Windows
- Category Watchlist – Watching additions and removals to categories
- Watchlistr – Consolidates watchlists across multiple wikis
- CatScan – Find pages by intersection of categories and other conditions
- Shorturl: generating shorturl for Wikipedia articles
Sources for code for new toolsកែប្រែ
The following are places where code is available: